Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby, baby

Babies are nothing short of amazing.  I am reminded of this as I watch my own baby grow and change with each passing day.  It's fascinating to watch him absorb the world around him and react to it. His own reactions vary but we're really beginning to see his personality.  Stalking our dogs and plotting to get the remote or our phones are among his current favorite pastimes.  He has also learned to fake cough, which I find absolutely hysterical. He'll do it, then look at me, usually smiling and wait for my reaction. When I tell him he's ridiculous he giggles and giggles.  If I fake cough, he'll laugh and imitate me. I'm obviously very entertained by his fun game (probably more entertained than he is, truth be told). He's also rolling and half-army crawling to get into everything while da-da-da'ing all the way there. At just seven months old, I am constantly asking myself where my baby has gone? Like most moms, I'm sure I'll ask myself this question for the rest of my life.

When you have a baby, everyone tells you that babies grow up so fast, but I never really understood what they were saying until I had my own child.  Even in those first few weeks when he was growing and changing by the day, hormones and exhaustion made it easy to miss the big picture. But it is crystal clear to me now. I am sure it will be even more apparent as he learns to walk, talk and becomes more independent. For today, I will try to absorb all the snuggles and baby giggles (and fake coughs) that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment