Friday, March 29, 2013

For Every Season

It is currently a strange time in my world. It is, in general, a blissful time for our family. Sure life is incredibly hectic and there aren't enough hours in the day. But it is magical to watch a toddler discovering the world and getting so excited about all of its details. Life really is about the simple things right now. And knowing that we'll soon start all over with little Allison is very exciting. I am definitely trying to soak it all in, expecting that this will be my last pregnancy and knowing that we will never experience this exact phase of our lives again.

Still, it seems like everyone around me is not in such a blissful time. There is currently so much disease and loss everywhere. My heart breaks for all of my friends and acquaintances who are struggling right now. Yet, I remind myself that many of them were experiencing smooth sailing when I have been pushing through hard times. And there is no promise that tomorrow will be easy for any of us, so I should soak up today and enjoy it. But why do I feel guilty? I'm just praying hard for those around me and trying to focus on enjoying today in my own life.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going so well for you! Don't feel guilty at all. You are providing a lot of support for me and others who need it, and you need to be in a good place to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! You know things aren't perfect but I am soaking it all up. And I'm here anytime you need me! :-)

    ReplyDelete