Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! What are your goals for this year? I have never been a fan of official new year's resolutions but I have a few goals. They are as follows:

Get fit. I am not aiming to be super-skinny but would like to get back the strength and stamina that I once had. I would also like to clean up my diet. There is too much crap in it currently and I just need to cut it out. Period.

Read more. I feel like I have lost about a million IQ points since having kids and I hate that. I blame exhaustion and too much Thomas but I believe I can feel smart again. Regular reading can help, I think.

Get my work back on track. As you may or may not know, I do bookkeeping work now that I am home with my kids. I have been behind for about 6 months and am desperately trying to get caught up again. 

Figure out my calling. I was blessed to be able to earn a Bachelors and Masters degrees in business but, frankly, I'm not sure that business is my true calling. I have also been blessed to have some diverse career opportunities. In the short term, I still really want to be at home with my kids but God continues to really prod at me that He is wanting something more from me and that that thing will be big and unexpected. Please join me in prayer for figuring out just what it is that He wants me to do this year. I'm starting to get some inclinations after several years of prayer but they seem very strange to me. Hopefully He will fully reveal His will for my next career move in the coming year.

What are your goals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment